Mondays trend to bring with them a particular blend of feelings and thoughts: inevitability, gloominess, dread.
But they don't have to!
Taking just 5 minutes of time out before your Monday gets going can be all it takes to reframe your day.
Use those 5 minutes to consider any combination of the following ideas:
- Identify 3 things to be thankful for.
- Write down your worries and by doing so make them more manageable.
- Get a head start on important tasks by using an urgency vs importance matrix to prioritise.
- Remind yourself of your "why".
- Do something nice for someone else e.g. send your co-worker a “thank you” email.